Important Life Altering Public Service Announcement.

Written on 9:07 PM by Kristen

So it is reallly cold at my work. I mean reee-leee cold.. Mostly on our floor.  Sometimes I go visit people on other floors just to thaw out.  Cuz, I mean it's hard to be taken seriously at work when you are clenched in a full body shiver and have a ruddy dose..(runny nose).

We have jeans months during July and August, so I've been wearing my longest thickest jeans every day, and some type of sweater or shirt, plus a "work sweater".  The one you keep in your car and wear every single day and has pen ink on the sleeves.  Also, I keep a rocket launching space heater under my desk, which I call my "Fan" to make it appear cube legal.  It sounds like a space ship taking off when I start it up.. Beeep  Beeep Beeep . Whoooosh!

So even if my feet are blazing fire tootsies, my arms will still be numb on top of my desk. It's only a matter of time before I catch the croup, and have to cut off the blackened tips of each of my fingers. I've contemplated those 80's Madonna fingerless gloves, but I didn't want word getting around that I am a scurvy transient, or worse,  an Emo.

So one of my gossip/news websites has an article most newsworthy titled, 
Ultimate Battle: The Snuggie vs. Slanket vs. Freedom Blanket vs. Blankoat


I'm glad to know someone has thoroughly tested said products, because I have been contemplating a snuggie/slanket .. purchase for some time now.  
Futhermore, I will be going to New York next month, and I fear that I'll be cold on the airplane ride, and maybe the hotel won't have quality bedspreads, and what if I get a chill watching Phantom of the Opera.

Can I take a Slanket on the subway?  I mean it's New York, aren't people strange there already?  Is it in poor taste to take a Slanket to the Theatre?   I don't imagine it would be dangerous....  
No mugger is going to yell "Hey tourist.. give me your blankie"







If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

3 Comments

  1. Grom |

    Blankets? BAH! Just take a few laps around the pond. It'll warm you up and you get in a good workout!

    Alright, if you have to get a snuggie, at least go animal print.

     
  2. Alison |

    Oh, man, you're considering a slanket?? sigh. I understand why, but . . . ugh.

    Have fun in NY! Oh, and a slanket is NOT Theatre appropriate. ;)

     
  3. Savi says... |

    I think the slanket would be a terrible idea in new york. Why? Well you could be accused of harboring terrorists in there and taken to whatever replaced gitmo or you'd could get it stuck in the subway mechanism somehow and cause a major transportation fiasco then they would butcher your last name on the today show....you see bad idea

     

Post a Comment